Tuning into what people are saying about your company online can offer multiple advantages, not the least of which is improved SEO. While most fintech marketing tends to be digital, ensuring that there is conversation about your brand online is a very specific marketing strategy. Did you know that online brand mentions not only offer a very organic means of link building, it also provides you valuable feedback about how people are interacting with your products and services.
So, What is a Company Mention?
Each time your company is talked about online, whether it is to rave about your offerings or to complain, it constitutes a mention. There are essentially 3 types of mentions that a good fintech marketing strategy should aim for:
- Mentions in social media
- Mentions on various websites
- Customer reviews
So, the aim of your fintech PR is to increase these mentions across online channels.
Best Practice for Fintech PR
As mentioned earlier, company mentions offer multiple benefits, including:
1. Reputation Building
A crucial aspect of building your brand image is reputation management. When you find positive mentions, you gain the opportunity to engage with fans, get influencers on your side and possibly get a nice testimonial for your site. And, if the mention is negative, all the more reason to engage and demonstrate that you are a responsive brand, concerned about feedback.
2. Word-of-Mouth & Social Proof
“Social proof” is quite the buzzword today. This is what helps your brand get mentioned on high authority sites. This, in turn, enhances customer trust and the credibility of your offerings. In short, it gives you an edge over the competition. And, when it comes to word-of-mouth, its value cannot be overemphasised, especially in fintech advertising. The key consumer segment for fintech is the millennial generation, who give priority to peer recommendations over all other marketing efforts.
3. Insights Through Feedback
This aspect of online company mentions has more to do with being able to offer relevant products and services, which in turn will have a positive impact on your brand image. When you give people the space to give honest feedback, you get to discover the pain points of your customers. This is a more effective way to learn about your target audience than pushing surveys on them.
4. Get High Quality Backlinks
Whether it is through a link shared on your site or a social media hashtag or @symbol, all these form excellent means for people to find you online. All a person needs to do is click on the hashtag or symbol and get direct access to your social media page, where they can learn more about your company. Backlinks are also great for Google search rankings, especially if you get one from a high authority website.
How to Increase Company Mentions Online
So, given that online mentions can do so much for marketing your fintech software company, a fintech marketing agency worth its salt will definitely work on increasing these mentions. The easiest and cheapest way to achieve this is to ask customers to leave reviews, whether on social media or another website.
Some other key ways in which higher online mentions can be increased include:
- Increase Your Presence on Social Media – Make sure you are present on the social media channels that your target audience frequents.
- Guest Blogging – The more you are visible across different websites, the greater are the chances of getting mentions. And, if the blog allows readers to comment, you also get to engage with your audience on a more personal level.
- Forum Interaction – Forums are proving to be very effective platforms to engage with the target audience, especially for fintech firms. There is a very active community of fintech savvy people online. Actively interacting with them on these forums can even position you as a thought leader.
- Provide New and Unique Content Constantly – This is another way to position your brand as one that knows the industry and its target audience. Regularly publishing high quality content is the holy grail of fintech digital marketing.
- Videos – With over 500 million hours of video is being watched on YouTube every day, there is no denying the impact of visual content.
In short, listen to what people are saying about you and you just might get ahead of your competition by a wide margin!